225 calories per 1 cup (serving)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. Italian turkey sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 oz) container of chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz. broken whole-wheat lasagna noodles (about 4 noodles)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large nonstick pot. Add sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook and stir until sausage is crumbled and browned (8-10 minutes).
- Add broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Return to a boil; add noodles, then reduce and simmer for approx. 10-12 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in mozzarella, basil and parmesan.