Okay, I know this is not a slow cooker recipe, but it is one that SCREAMS to be shared. I made it this Thanksgiving, serving it as an appetizer and also, reserving a portion of the cranberry mixture (minus cream cheese) to accompany the turkey if desired. It simply is to die for, and I will be making it again and again!
- 1 - 12 oz package fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1-1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- dash salt
- 2 - 8 oz packages cream cheese
Yield: 15 servings or more
- Mince cranberries in food processor, mini chopper or blender. I used a Cuisinart mini chopper.
- Finely chop green onion and cilantro
- Add chopped cranberries, green onion, cilantro, sugar, cumin, lemon juice and salt into a mixing bowl. Combine. Cover and store in the fridge for a few hours. This allows the sugar to soak in and set. NOTE: I used canning jars because I knew I'd have more than I'd use for the day.
- When ready to serve, spread cream cheese evenly in a serving dish or plate
- Pour or spoon cranberry mixture over the cream cheese
- Spread it evenly
Serve with favorite crackers. SOOO YUMMY!
NOTE PICTURE: This makes a large batch. I decided to split mine in half. I used only one package of cream cheese and half the cranberry mix. I had five guests and it was plenty.