2 lbs cauliflower florets
8 oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
8 oz block cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons half and half
2 bunches green onions, sliced (1 1/2 cups)
6 sliced turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 clove garlic, grated or 1 tsp of minced garlic
Salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Steam cauliflower florets until tender.
- While cauliflower steams, cream together 6 oz of the shredded cheddar, 6 oz of the Monterey Jack, cream cheese, and heavy cream.
- Stir in sliced green onions, chopped bacon, and garlic.
- Set aside.
- Drain any liquid from steamed cauliflower and add to cheese mixture.
- Stir cauliflower and cheese mixture together.
- Taste for seasoning, and add as necessary.
- If you want a finer texture, give a few mashes with the potato masher.
- Pour into a 2-3 quart casserole and sprinkle on remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese.
until cheese is brown and bubbly.
*This is not a slow-cooker recipe